Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Weekend Birthdays Rock!!!























It was my birthday on Sunday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, but it all started on Thursday night!!! I had just put the last boy to bed when my phone rings. I answer. It was Lanece. "What are you doing?" she asks. "I just put my kids to bed", I said. "Oh good, come and pick me up." she said. "What? From where?" I asked. "The airport, I just flew in!! :-)" she said. "What??? Ok, I'm on my way!!!" I yelled!! I grabbed the keys and to the airport I flew. She was there waiting, suitcase in hand, baby not. Where's baby? At home with dad. Woohoo. The whole weekend of Lanece to myself!! We got back to my house and watched the Jazz win. (finally) The next day we got up, took the 2 youngest next door to Jan's and went to get pedicures. It was awesome!!! And I have been making sure that everyone knows that it was guys who did them. They were fabulous!!! That night we took the kids to grandma Lili's and they slept over. Me, Jonny, Lanece, Mike, and Brittany (and Leah) went to dinner at Chili's and then to see Seventeen Again. It was such a good movie!!! It was hilarious! We loved it! The next day me and Lanece met Mikayla and mom at the movies, yet again, and we saw Push. It was pretty good. A little bit confusing. I need to see it again to give a real opinion. We had popcorn, oreos, candy and soda for lunch!! After the movie we went shopping and after shopping Lanece and I went to dinner at Crown Burger. We LOVE their onion rings, they really clean us out!!!! (hahahaha) When we got home, the boys had made me a cake. It was rainbow chip with white fluffy frosting. Yum!! They also got me my favorite ice cream: Take The Cake. If you have never had it, I suggest you try it. SO GOOD!!! That night we watched Twilight cuz it'd been a while since we'd seen it. We were having withdrawls. The next day was Sunday, my birthday. We got up almost too late for church (exhausted from the busy weekend) and before we went, the boys gave me the presents that they picked out on their own. Spencer gave me a puka shell necklace, Tayten gave me a pink round pendant necklace, Kade gave me a double layer turquoise shell necklace and Ethan gave me 5 toe rings. I changed my outfit a little so that I could wear some of the jewelry to church. After church, we had my family and Jonny's family over for dinner. My favorites: Barbequed chicken, won ton salad, veggies and dip, spanish rice, rolls, chips and of course, cake and ice cream for dessert. Mom made me a chocolate cake with vanilla pudding frosting and Wendy made me rainbow chip cupcakes with strawberry frosting. Oh my goodness. I need a diet after this weekend!!! (Not to mention all of the coke and dr pepper Lanece and I drank all weekend!!) That night after everyone left, we watched She's The Man and laughed our butts off!! On Monday we slept in and spent the day being lazy. We did wood crafts up until the second I had to drive her to the airport to go back home. :( I am seriously such a baby. I cried for the rest of the night!! I had such a good weekend and a great birthday. I was not looking forward to this birthday because of the age I was turning. 28 seems so old to me. So much closer to 30. But it was probably the best birthday I've ever had. I LOVE it when my sis comes to see me. She is so much fun to hang out with and we get along so good.(not the case when we were younger) I wish SO BAD that she lived here. My life is complete with Lanece around!!! Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and kids, but there is a different relationship with a sister (or girlfriend) that cannot be fulfilled by a husband or kids. You moms out there know what I'm talking about!!! Anyway, I thanked you a million times already, but Lanece, thanks again for the great weekend! It honestly wouldn't have been nearly as much fun without you! Now, I'm going to go sit in my rocker and take a nap after I knit a sweater!! (I am old.)

7 comments:

Another Blog... said...

ha ha knit a sweater!! Hilarious!! Sounds like a freakin' awesome birthday!! I had fun too. I didn't cry till I read this, so thanks... I wish we lived closer as well... By the way 28 is nothing... my BIG ONE is this year, so see if you can top it!!

Rhett & Janice Beecher said...

Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like you had fun!

Kim said...

WOW! I didn't know that you did ALL that. Sounds like a great birthday! It was fun eating at your house and having such good food!

Allred Family said...

yeah! happy birthday! I am glad to hear it went soooo well for you. I can't lie. I love having my sister close to me so I can imagine the agony it causes you.....I am dead serious. I my love!!

Frehner Family said...

Happy birthday old timer. (I'm still up on you a year or two)Looks like a blast!

Ryan and K'Dee said...

Happy Birthday!! Sorry I'm late!

Anonymous said...

How cute are you two? I love your relationship- Something pretty awesome about having to share everything as you grow up (in mine and Whittney's case, that included our bed!)

Happy Birthday- you are the cutest 28 year old around!