Monday, August 31, 2009

soccer season and back 2 school

Kade has started his first season of soccer and he tears it up out there!!! He scored 2 goals in his first game and the other boys on his team do an awesome job as well. I have a feeling that we will have a great season!


Tayten has also started soccer and just had his first game last week. This is his 4th season playing, and they are at the age now where they learn positions and they have goalies... it's getting intense. He's a little intimidated, but he'll get used to it and do awesome!! No pics of him yet, but I will post some soon.


Tayten has started 2nd grade. He has Mrs. McNeal and so far he says she's nice and he likes her. His uncle Luke had her when he was in elementary, too. Obviously she has taught for a LONG time!! He was very nervous the night before the first day, but he did great and had fun.
Spencer started 3rd grade and has Mrs. Meidell. He had her in first grade and so did Tayten. They both like her a lot! She had a baby last year and we weren't sure if she'd come back and teach, but we're glad she did and we're glad she's in 3rd grade now so the boys can have her again!! He was excited for school to start, but now he's already saying he doesn't like it. He does though, he'd just rather stay home and play all day!!!


As for me, I didn't cry as hard this year on the first day of school. I have the hardest time sending my kids back to school. I miss them so much!!! On the same note, it's a nice break, and it's fun to have my 2 babies home to myself for a few hours. I will probably bawl for a week when I send my last one to kindergarten!! What will I do???
Kade and Ethan start preschool tomorrow. We have a neighborhood group and we all take turns teaching. We just rotate weekly. I think it will be good and less expensive than sending them to a professional preschool. We'll see how it goes...


6 comments:

Kim said...

your kids are so dang cute. I love the picture of Kade in his soccer attire. That is so awesome that he plays so well. 2nd and 3rd graders??? Dang, you're old!

Rhett & Janice Beecher said...

I love your new family picture at the top so funny. I did a joy school with Ruston for a year and really liked it, but it is so nice to have him in preschool so I can spent some time with my two year old who is screaming for attention and already suffering from being the middle child. It was fun to see you at good old GHS

Jiffy said...

wow your boys are getting so big! I can't believe it!

Our Little Family said...

Oh! they look so studly in there new school clothes! I bet it's quiet for a few hours of the day now... you must be crying with relief, not sadness! ha ha. The pictures are way cute... Go KADE!! You're my little soccer buddy!!

Anonymous said...

Your new pictures are darling! You look gorgeous! How fun that you go for 2 weeks to be with your sister. We all need to do that stuff- it is good for the girlie soul. Hope you are well. Tell your family I said hello!

Our Little Family said...

Oh! I love your background! Where did you find it??